This website contains forward-looking statements or forward-looking information under applicable Canadian securities laws (hereinafter collectively referred to as “forward-looking statements”) concerning the Company’s plans for its properties, operations and other matters. These statements relate to analyses and other information that are based on forecasts of future results, estimates of amounts not yet determinable, assumptions of management and management’s estimates.
Statements concerning estimates of mineral resources and mineral reserves may also be deemed to constitute forward-looking statements to the extent that they involve estimates of the mineralization that will be encountered if the property is developed, and in the case of mineral reserves, such statements reflect the conclusion based on certain assumptions that the mineral deposit can be economically and legally exploited. Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance (often, but not always, using words or phrases such as “expects” or “does not expect”, “is expected”, “anticipates” or “does not anticipate”, “plans”, “estimates” or “intends”, or stating that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved) are not statements of historical fact and may be forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements made or incorporated by reference on this website include, but are not limited to, statements with respect to:
- expectations regarding the continuity of mineral deposits;
- anticipated tonnages and grades of the mineral resources and mineral reserves disclosed for the Company’s Corani Property;
- the Company’s expected development of, and metal production from, the Corani Property;
- the Company’s expectations regarding raising capital, including securing project financing, for development and construction of the Corani Property and/or working capital purposes;
- anticipated production timelines of the Corani Property;
- the reliability of capital and operating cost estimates at the Corani Property;
- expectations regarding environmental or social issues that may affect the exploration or development progress;
- capital cost estimates for the Corani Property;
- the formation of joint ventures and/or strategic partnerships with respect to the Company’s properties; and
- exploration activities and/or plans on the Company’s early-stage exploration properties.
Forward-looking statements are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those reflected in the forward-looking statements, including, without limitation:
- risks related to gold, silver, base metal and other commodity price fluctuations;
- risks and uncertainties relating to the interpretation of drill results, and the geology, grade and continuity of mineral deposits;
- risks related to the inherent uncertainty of production and cost estimates and the potential for unexpected costs and expenses;
- risks related to escalating project capital expense costs;
- risks related to metallurgical characteristics of mineralization contained within the Company’s properties not yet being fully determined;
- the possibility that future exploration, development or mining results will not be consistent with the Company’s expectations and/or the results of economic studies including feasibility studies;
- mining and development risks, including risks related to accidents, equipment breakdowns, labour disputes or other unanticipated difficulties with or interruptions in production;
- risks related to variance in actual production from those forecasted and/or in feasibility studies;
- risks related to the ability to obtain financing required to develop mining properties or to complete significant technical, environmental or engineering studies;
- the potential for delays in exploration or development activities or the completion of feasibility studies and other geologic reports or studies;
- the uncertainty of profitability based upon the Company’s history of losses;
- risks related to foreign exchange fluctuations;
- risks related to environmental regulation and liability;
- risks associated with failure to maintain community acceptance, agreements and permissions (generally referred to as “social licence”);
- risks relating to obtaining and maintaining all necessary government permits, approvals and authorizations relating to the continued exploration and development of the Company’s projects;
- legal risks;
- political and regulatory risks associated with mining and exploration; and
- other risks and uncertainties related to the Company’s prospects, properties and business strategy.
These forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions which the Company believes are reasonable, including that:
- current gold, silver, base metal and other commodity prices will be sustained or improve;
- development of the Company’s Corani Property will be viable operationally and economically and proceed as expected;
- contracted service providers will perform substantially as agreed;
- any additional financing required by the Company will be available on reasonable terms; and
- the Company will not experience any material accident, labour dispute or failure of plant or equipment.
Some of the important risks and uncertainties that could affect forward-looking statements are described in the Company’s latest Annual Information Form, which viewers are encouraged to review. Should one or more of these risks and uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described in forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made based on management’s judgement, beliefs, estimates and opinions on the date the statements are made, and the Company undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements if such judgement, beliefs, estimates and opinions or other circumstances should change, other than as required by applicable laws. Investors are cautioned against attributing undue certainty to forward-looking statements.